A common question people ask when they are considering starting a new exercise routine is when the best time to workout would be.
If you choose walking as your main form of exercise, there are some unique benefits to doing it in the morning.
Walking in the morning regularly will result in multiple health benefits, and it will surely enhance physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
(Sidenote: If you’d like a way to supercharge your energy levels in the morning, I’d suggest drinking this superfood green drink.
- Superfood supplement: This greens powder is packed with raw organic greens, sprouts and vegetable juices for raw energy
- Whole food supplement: Our whole food greens supplement provides naturally occurring antioxidants, enzymes, amino acids, essential fatty acids, and dozens other phytonutrients
- Immune system support: This superfood supplement supports healthy digestion, detoxification, a healthy immune system, and already healthy blood sugar levels and metabolism
- Digestive support: Our greens powder is bursting with live probiotics and enzymes for digestion support
- Vegan greens: this superfood powder is vegan, certified organic, and dairy free, with no whole grass fillers and no preservatives
Last update on 2024-02-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10 Tips for Walking in the Morning
- Boosts energy levels: Walking in the morning helps wake up your body and mind, giving you a natural energy boost to start your day.
- Improves mood: Walking releases endorphins, which are natural mood boosters, helping to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Weight management: Morning walks can help kickstart your metabolism, aiding in weight loss or weight maintenance goals.
- Promotes better digestion: Walking after breakfast can help stimulate digestion and prevent digestive issues like bloating and constipation.
- Enhances cardiovascular health: Regular morning walks can improve heart health, increase circulation, and lower blood pressure, reducing the risk of heart diseases.
- Boosts immune system: Walking in the morning outdoors exposes you to fresh air and sunlight, offering a natural dose of Vitamin D and boosting your immune system.
- Improves mental clarity and focus: Walking promotes increased blood flow to the brain, enhancing cognitive function and improving daily productivity.
- Reduces the risk of chronic diseases: Regular morning walks have been linked to a lower risk of developing chronic conditions like diabetes, stroke, and certain types of cancers.
- Better sleep: Morning exercise can regulate your sleep patterns, helping you fall asleep faster and enjoy a more restful night’s sleep.
- Provides time for reflection and relaxation: Morning walks offer an opportunity to clear your mind, set intentions for the day, and enjoy some quiet time for introspection and self-reflection.
The air is much fresher, cooler, and relatively pollution-free, so mornings are the best time to go Walking in the Morning. And it’s not very hard to notice physically, either.
A lung full of good oxygen in the morning has a refreshing effect on the body and mind.
You Get it Out of the Way First Thing.
Who wants to stress all day about the workout you must do in the evening? Get your walk out of the way in the morning, and the rest of your day’s schedule is completely up to you.
The hardest part is definitely having to wake up a little earlier in the morning than you normally would, but you get used to this in time.
What you get back is the ability to do your workout first thing in the morning and not have to worry about it for the rest of the day.
If you tend to get anxious when you have a lot of things to do during the day and tend to dread some of them, then this will be especially beneficial for you.
- Don’t Be Fooled By Cheap And Even More Expensive Imitations! All Red superfoods are NOT the same. Some popular brands use Grass Powders while Peak Performance use Grass Juice Extract. 20 parts of grass make only one part of grass juice powder – that’s why our grass juice powder is 20 times more concentrated than others. Also, unlike cows our stomachs are not made to digest grass. Our grass juice powder is more easily digestible therefore you absorb the maximum nutrients possible.
- Important – Most Supplements Are Not 3rd Party Tested! This is a dirty secret that many supplement companies don’t want you to know that their products are NOT independently 3rd party tested outside of their own facilities. Why? Because it’s an extra out of pocket expense to conduct 3rd party testing and most companies will not sacrifice their profit. Peak Performance is committed to the Highest Standards on quality and safety.
- Best Tasting Red Superfood To Alkalize, Detox And Energize – This is, hands down the most Delicious Organic Red Superfood containing over 25+ cleansing, alkalizing, farm fresh nutrient-rich wholesome fruits and veggies. Helps eliminate toxins and aids in digestive support while enhancing your immune system and boosting your energy. Organic barley grass, organic spirulina, organic spinach, organic beet, organic parsley, organic tomato, organic moringa, organic spirulina
- No Artificial Or Refined Sugars + Low Carb. We don’t use artificial sugars, added sweeteners or refined flours. We Only use the highest quality Real Food ingredients that are Organic, Sprouted, Vegan. Quick Easy Mix – Easily digestible & gut friendly.
- Over 500,000 Happy Customers + 1-for-1 Donation To Vitamin Angels. Peak Performance is celebrating over 500,000 happy customers and we are also very proud of our 1-for-1 donation match program. For every unit you purchase, through our partnership with the nonprofit Vitamin Angels, we will supply a child at risk of malnutrition with vitamins for 1 year! To date, we’ve supplied over 1 Million children with life changing Vitamins- So thank you for helping us continue this great cause!
Last update on 2024-02-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Walking in the Morning Boosts Your Energy for the Entire Day
Another reason to walk in the morning is to get a boost of natural energy in the morning, which can even prevent you from needing caffeine.
It can seem counterintuitive since you are getting energy by exerting energy, but trust us, it works!
Once you get moving and finish your walk, then take a shower and get ready for the day, suddenly you have so much energy. You tend to get more done, be more productive, and feel better.
Between the boost in energy and a better mood, you might want to add walking to your daily morning routine.
You Can Burn More Calories Walking in the Morning
When you get your exercise done in the morning, it helps to raise your metabolism, helping you to continue burning fat and calories throughout the day.
This is great because you don’t have to spend hours in the gym if you want to lose a little weight.
Just get your walking and other exercise routines done in the morning, and you will get this unique benefit.
Walking in the morning removes the “I’ll do it later” excuse.
One problem many of us face with exercise generally is procrastination, which can lead to avoiding exercise. We really need to become healthier.
Walking in the morning, it creates a healthy routine that we start to do without going through the endless process of questioning whether or not we “feel” like exercising.
Walking in the morning makes you get your exercise out of the way first thing in your day. You have no time for procrastination if you leave the door and walk quickly after you wake up and start your day.
How Walking in the Morning Helps to Improve Your Mood
Walking in the morning has numerous benefits for our physical and well-being, including improving our. Here are some reasons why walking in the morning can help improve your mood:
- Release of endorphins: Exercise, such as walking, stimulates the production of endorphins, which are known as “feel-good” chemicals in the brain. Endorphins help reduce stress, improve your mood, and create a sense of happiness.
- Natural sunlight exposure: Morning walks allow you to soak up some natural sunlight, which is an excellent source of vitamin D. Sunlight exposure triggers the release of serotonin, another chemical that promotes happiness and well-being.
- Reduced anxiety and stress: Walking in the morning can help reduce anxiety and stress levels. It gives you time to clear your mind, focus on the present moment, and increase mindfulness. Regular exercise has been proven to lower stress hormones and calm the mind.
- Increased energy levels: Morning walks, especially in fresh air, can boost your energy levels. Moving your body early in the day will kickstart your metabolism and increase blood circulation, providing more oxygen to your brain and muscles, which can leave you feeling more awake and energized throughout the day.
- Enhanced brain function: Physical activity, including walking, positively impacts cognitive function and memory. Going for a morning walk stimulates your brain and improves its overall performance, leading to increased mental clarity and better mood.
- Improved sleep quality: Regular exercise, including morning walks, has been linked to better sleep quality and duration. When you sleep well, your mood improves, and you are better equipped to handle daily stressors.
- Time for self-reflection and solitude: Morning walks can offer a peaceful and quiet environment for self-reflection and solitude. This time alone allows you to ponder your thoughts, set intentions for the day, and start your morning with a positive mindset, ultimately improving your mood.
Incorporating a morning walk into your daily routine can significantly benefit your overall mood and well-being.
Start with short walks and gradually increase the duration and intensity as you become more comfortable.
Remember to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new exercise routine.